Tuesday, June 17, 2014

Oh, the People You Meet in Rio de Janeiro!

Today, at Escadaria Selaron, I ran into a friend from my USOC days, Craig Masback and his son, Britt.  Masback is Nike's Director of Business Affairs for Global Sports Marketing and was formerly CEO of USA Track and Field.  Britt Masback will be one of the flag bearers before the USA-Portugal match on June 22.  I knew that Masback was in town because Nick Prue told me that he sat next to Masback at the Maracana for the Argentina-Bosnia Herzegovina match, but then to meet up with him and his son today on the streets of Rio?! 

 Another happy coincidence was when I ran into several former colleagues from the USOC --Managing Director for International Games Leslie Gamez, Assistant Director of Games Preparation Nancy Gonsalves, and Senior Director for International Games Doug Ingram -- who are staying at the same hotel in Rio this week!  
And finally, last night I had a pleasant surprise when I was greeted by Dr. Randy Wilber, USOC senior sports physiologist, who is also in Rio for meetings in advance of the 2016 Olympic Games.   

No comments: